cwood

Default where can I find a free excel download to use

At work I am useing windows
xp professional and work with excel spreadsheets. AT home I use windows xp
home addition and can not use the xp professionl excel spreadsheets. Where
can I find a excel download to install on my home pc so I can work with
spreadsheets as used with the xp professional?
Don S

The only legal way to get Excel is to buy it. There is a free clone
at www.openoffice.org that is very close and will work with Excel
spreadsheets. I don't know how compatible it is with macros etc., but
most functions do work. I've used it on a Linux machine, but it is
supposed to run on Windows too.

Good Luck

Don S

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 06:13:02 -0800, "cwood"
wrote:

At work I am useing windows
xp professional and work with excel spreadsheets. AT home I use windows xp
home addition and can not use the xp professionl excel spreadsheets. Where
can I find a excel download to install on my home pc so I can work with
spreadsheets as used with the xp professional?

Gord Dibben

No version of Windows comes with Excel or MS Office.

If you have it on your computer, someone installed it.

You don't download Excel. You purchase it or Office Suite from a retailer or
order from MS on line. They will send you a CD.

For info on ordering see this website.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/programs/default.asp to see the Office
products and how to purchase.

Note:you probably don't need XL2003 so browse to the "previous versions"
section.

Check out Ebay for a deal on Office 97 or 2000. If you go this route, make
sure there is a licence for the product.

If you just want to view or print(no editing/saving) the Excel file you can

Download and install the Excel Viewer from....

http://office.microsoft.com/download.../xlviewer.aspx

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

wrote:

At work I am useing windows
xp professional and work with excel spreadsheets. AT home I use windows xp
home addition and can not use the xp professionl excel spreadsheets. Where
can I find a excel download to install on my home pc so I can work with
spreadsheets as used with the xp professional?

David McRitchie

If you work for a very large company they may have a contract to have
you run the same at home or on a laptop. If that was negotiated, your
IT department and legal departments should have copies of the contract
and everyone would know what it said.

Otherwise, if your company wants you to work on this
at home they would almost certainly buy you your own set of software.

--
HTH,

"cwood" wrote in message ...
At work I am using windows
xp professional and work with excel spreadsheets. AT home I use windows xp
home addition and can not use the xp professionl excel spreadsheets. Where
can I find a excel download to install on my home pc so I can work with
spreadsheets as used with the xp professional?

Bannor

Why not just save your files at work in a format that you can use at home?
Eg. save you files as Excel 2000 or even Excel 97 files, then work with them
at home. Or am I misunderstanding the question or missing something here?
--
Philip

"David McRitchie" wrote:

If you work for a very large company they may have a contract to have
you run the same at home or on a laptop. If that was negotiated, your
IT department and legal departments should have copies of the contract
and everyone would know what it said.

Otherwise, if your company wants you to work on this
at home they would almost certainly buy you your own set of software.

--
HTH,

"cwood" wrote in message ...
At work I am using windows
xp professional and work with excel spreadsheets. AT home I use windows xp
home addition and can not use the xp professionl excel spreadsheets. Where
can I find a excel download to install on my home pc so I can work with
spreadsheets as used with the xp professional?

David McRitchie

You might want to take a look at the dates on articles that you respond
to that's an old thread and the person who posted it is likely to never
see your answer, Not to say that you should not reply at all, you might
be fixing an old thread for the benefit of others, but I think your time
would be better spent answering a current problem.

for instance you replied to my reply and because the
message is no longer on my machine because it is no longer on the
server I access there is no indication to me that this would be a watched
conversation that I had been a part of.

It looks like those who access the Microsoft servers (outside of CDO that
you are using) can see messages for about two months on their machines.
That time can be lengthened or shortened and probably vary from one newsgroup
to another.
---
HTH,

"David McRitchie" wrote:

If you work for a very large company they may have a contract to have
you run the same at home or on a laptop. If that was negotiated, your
IT department and legal departments should have copies of the contract
and everyone would know what it said.

Otherwise, if your company wants you to work on this
at home they would almost certainly buy you your own set of software.

--
HTH,

"cwood" wrote in message ...
At work I am using windows
xp professional and work with excel spreadsheets. AT home I use windows xp
home addition and can not use the xp professionl excel spreadsheets. Where
can I find a excel download to install on my home pc so I can work with
spreadsheets as used with the xp professional?

David McRitchie

I did mean to post the thread reference: (line might break up in your newsreader)
http://google.com/groups?threadm=435...0microsoft.com