Michelle - BR

Default Global Defaults

How do I set Excel pages to automatically reduce documants to print on letter
size paper. Page set up allows me to do it for individual worksheets, but I
need to have it done for all worksheets.
David McRitchie

Hi Michelle,
You can group the sheets then any change you make to the active sheet will be done
to all of the sheets in the grouping. That applies to entry into cells as well as page setup.

To group some sheets, Ctrl+Click on additional sheet tabs.
To group ALL sheets, Right click on a sheet tab, Select all sheets.
You might notice the text added to your title bar [Group]
and now you are aware of it , you should be very carefult..

do your file, page setup, General Tab, change the paper size.

Now for the most IMPORTANT part. Ungroup your sheets.
-- right click on a sheet tab, Ungroup Sheets.

Failure to ungroup sheets will result in major damage to your Excel workbook, as any
change made to one sheet in the group will be made to all grouped sheets.
---
HTH,

"Michelle - BR" <Michelle - wrote in message
How do I set Excel pages to automatically reduce documants to print on letter
size paper. Page set up allows me to do it for individual worksheets, but I
need to have it done for all worksheets.

Michelle - BR

Is there anyway to have all workbooks AUTOMATICALLY print to fit 1 page.
Mainly when I open spreadsheets that are emailed to me. Most people email me
a legal size spreadsheet and I need to shrink it to fit a letter size page.
Maybe a global setting in the program or something?

"David McRitchie" wrote:

[...]

David McRitchie

Hi Michelle,

If you receive a workbook via email it will already be set up for printing so you
would have to override with a macro.

If not familiar with macros see my page on Getting Started with macros

The following macro will lettersize all sheets in the active workbook.
It could perhaps be made more foolproof by checking first if the sheetsize had been
set to legal. Debug statements could also be added with the checking to indicate
what was changed.

Anything preceded by a single quote is commented out,

Sub Lettersize_allsheets()
Dim wkSheet As Worksheet
For Each wkSheet In Application.ActiveWorkbook
With wkSheet.PageSetup
.PaperSize = xlPaperLetter
' .FitToPagesWide = 1
' .FitToPagesTall = False
End With
Next wkSheet
End Sub

Here is a different macro to Change all selected (Grouped) sheets to
lettersize and Fit to pagesWide = 1 and PagesTall to 1
I don't recommend doing this to a workbook so have purposely limited
it to Grouped sheets.i

Sub FitSheets_1_Tall()
Dim wkSheet As Worksheet
' For Each wkSheet In Application.ActiveWorkbook
'- change to the ones that are grouped
For Each wkSheet In Application.ActiveWorkbook. _
Windows(1).SelectedSheets
With wkSheet.PageSetup
PaperSize = xlPaperLetter
.FitToPagesWide = 1 'or use = False
.FitToPagesTall = 1 'or use = False
End With
Next wkSheet
If Application.ActiveWorkbook. _
Windows(1).SelectedSheets.Count 1 Then
MsgBox "Please UNGROUP sheets to avoid damaging workbook"
End If
End Sub.

Possibly you could make the top and bottom margins smaller.
---
HTH,

"Michelle - BR" wrote ...