Default How to reset Excel 2000 toolbars to "factory defaults"?

I messed up my toolbars in Excel 2000. How can I reset them to the
factory defaults? I'm not talking about going to Tools/Customize and
resetting each toolbar. That doesn't tell me which toolbars ARE the
defaults. Isn't there a way to put everything back without reinstalling
Office 2000?

Thanks!

Ron de Bruin

Hi

Try to rename your .xlb file

maybe you have a corrupt or bloated xlb file
*normal* size is < 30 kb.
The .xlb file has all Toolbar customization in it.

Close Excel
Do a search for .xlb in windows
Rename the file you find (mine is named Excel10.xlb in 2002)
Start Excel

Deleting the file or renaming will do no harm on your system
Excel will create a new one for you.
(You lost your customization remember that)

If you make your own toolbars or add buttons to the others
This file is important (backup it so you can restore it)

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

wrote in message oups.com...

I messed up my toolbars in Excel 2000. How can I reset them to the
factory defaults? I'm not talking about going to Tools/Customize and
resetting each toolbar. That doesn't tell me which toolbars ARE the
defaults. Isn't there a way to put everything back without reinstalling
Office 2000?

Thanks!

Gord Dibben

Rather than re-setting all Toolbars individually...........

Toolbar and Menu customizations and changes are stored in a file named
Excel9.XLB for 2000 version.

Do a file search for it.

Usually stored in

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel

With Excel closed rename Excel9.xlb to Excel9.old

Re-start Excel and you will get factory defaults.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

Ron de Bruin wrote:
Hi

Try to rename your .xlb file

maybe you have a corrupt or bloated xlb file
*normal* size is < 30 kb.
The .xlb file has all Toolbar customization in it.

Close Excel
Do a search for .xlb in windows
Rename the file you find (mine is named Excel10.xlb in 2002)
Start Excel

That's just what I was looking for, thanks!