Ron de Bruin

Hi

Try to rename your .xlb file

maybe you have a corrupt or bloated xlb file
*normal* size is < 30 kb.
The .xlb file has all Toolbar customization in it.

Close Excel
Do a search for .xlb in windows
Rename the file you find (mine is named Excel10.xlb in 2002)
Start Excel

Deleting the file or renaming will do no harm on your system
Excel will create a new one for you.
(You lost your customization remember that)

If you make your own toolbars or add buttons to the others
This file is important (backup it so you can restore it)

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

wrote in message oups.com...

I messed up my toolbars in Excel 2000. How can I reset them to the
factory defaults? I'm not talking about going to Tools/Customize and
resetting each toolbar. That doesn't tell me which toolbars ARE the
defaults. Isn't there a way to put everything back without reinstalling
Office 2000?

Thanks!