Steve

Default Formatting

Is it possible to set up Excel so each time any new file is open the footer
information can be the same for each new spreadsheet? I would like to see
the same footer in each new file without having to manually insert the
footers Also, if I want the default column width to be different than it is
for each new file, can I do that?

Thanks,
Dave Peterson

If you start a new workbook and change the page layout (for all the sheets), you
can save it into your XLStart folder as Book.xlt (as a template file).

Excel will use that as the basis for new workbooks when you click on the New
icon on the standard toolbar.

You can change a lot of settings that way--including orientation,
headers/footers, columnwidth...

===
And you can make a separate template workbook and name it sheet.xlt.

Then any sheet you add to existing workbooks will inherit these settings. Save
it as a template in the same XLStart folder.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Karlv

I would like to change the DEFAULT template so that when XL opens, I get "my"
customised version

"Steve" wrote:

Cool, let me try that. Thanks,

Steve wrote:

Is it possible to set up Excel so each time any new file is open the footer
information can be the same for each new spreadsheet? I would like to see
the same footer in each new file without having to manually insert the
footers Also, if I want the default column width to be different than it is
for each new file, can I do that?

Thanks,

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Dave Peterson

I have book.xlt in my XLStart folder. When I start excel, I get an empty
workbook based on that template.

Doesn't this happen when you create your book.xlt template in your XLStart
folder?

Karlv wrote:

I would like to change the DEFAULT template so that when XL opens, I get "my"
customised version

"Steve" wrote:

Cool, let me try that. Thanks,