Steve

Cool, let me try that. Thanks,

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

If you start a new workbook and change the page layout (for all the sheets), you
can save it into your XLStart folder as Book.xlt (as a template file).

Excel will use that as the basis for new workbooks when you click on the New
icon on the standard toolbar.

You can change a lot of settings that way--including orientation,
headers/footers, columnwidth...

===
And you can make a separate template workbook and name it sheet.xlt.

Then any sheet you add to existing workbooks will inherit these settings. Save
it as a template in the same XLStart folder.

Steve wrote:

Is it possible to set up Excel so each time any new file is open the footer
information can be the same for each new spreadsheet? I would like to see
the same footer in each new file without having to manually insert the
footers Also, if I want the default column width to be different than it is
for each new file, can I do that?

Thanks,

--

Dave Peterson