BJohnson

Default Excel Options disabled

Years ago I created a rather involved Excel 4.0 Macro. Since then, we've
migrated to Windows Excel 2000. Somewhere in the process, I set a switch
somehow that unintentionally disabled the Options functionality under the
Excel Tools menu selection. It shows up under the Tools menu as active but
when it is selected, no dialogue box opens. Instead the menu collapses as if
the Escape key was entered. I would like to reactivate the Options
functionality so I can reset some of the way Excel works (e.g. an Enter key
should advance to the next row down). Any suggestions?
Dave Peterson

I think I'd try resetting the worksheet menu bar toolbar.

Tools|Customize|toolbars tab
select the worksheet menu bar
and click reset.

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

You could kill the *.xlb file. (.xlb is where excel stores toolbar
customizations.)

close excel
then windows start button|search
Search for all *.xlb files (in hidden folders, too)

Rename all the *.xlb files to *.xlbOLD

Start excel and see if it worked.

If it did, delete those *.xlbOLD files.

If it didn't work, just rename them back (no harm, no foul).