BJohnson

Thanks. I tried that but it did not make any difference. Any other
suggestions?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I think I'd try resetting the worksheet menu bar toolbar.

Tools|Customize|toolbars tab
select the worksheet menu bar
and click reset.

BJohnson wrote:

Years ago I created a rather involved Excel 4.0 Macro. Since then, we've
migrated to Windows Excel 2000. Somewhere in the process, I set a switch
somehow that unintentionally disabled the Options functionality under the
Excel Tools menu selection. It shows up under the Tools menu as active but
when it is selected, no dialogue box opens. Instead the menu collapses as if
the Escape key was entered. I would like to reactivate the Options
functionality so I can reset some of the way Excel works (e.g. an Enter key
should advance to the next row down). Any suggestions?

--

Dave Peterson