John Ziaja

Default Excel 97 Installation Problem

I have a copy of Excel 97 on floppies that I bought in the last century.
I've upgraded my hardware and I cannot re-install excel on my new
machine. The install program tells me that Excel has already been
installed before. It seems Microsoft does not believe in hardware
upgrades. I called Excel support about this and was essentially
blown-off. Does anybody know how to get around this? My conscience is
clear because I feel I am being totally ripped-off by Microsoft. Excel
97 works fine for what I use it for. I am on fixed income and don't want
to pay for a new copy of Excel.
John Ziaja

Anne Troy

I have never heard that message, but try the tips here, John:
http://www.officearticles.com/misc/b...oft_office.htm
Mainly...try doing a custom install. Otherwise, are you sure you don't have
a file called excel.exe in your system already?
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com