AW 11753

Default How do I have Excel continuously update as if holding F9 down?

I can inset the NOW function but it will only update if I press F9. I want to
have it continuously update without pressing F9. How do I do that?
Alan

What I believe you are asking for is a working clock in an Excel workbook.
This can be done using VBA code but its not a good idea. Its slows or stops
all other functions while its running making the workbook virtually useless
other than to read only.
Regards,
Alan.
"AW 11753" <AW wrote in message
I can inset the NOW function but it will only update if I press F9. I want
have it continuously update without pressing F9. How do I do that?

FSt1

hi,
See this site.

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/datetime.htm