-   -   How do I have Excel continuously update as if holding F9 down? (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/35662-how-do-i-have-excel-continuously-update-if-holding-f9-down.html)

AW 11753

How do I have Excel continuously update as if holding F9 down?

I can inset the NOW function but it will only update if I press F9. I want to
have it continuously update without pressing F9. How do I do that?

Alan

What I believe you are asking for is a working clock in an Excel workbook.
This can be done using VBA code but its not a good idea. Its slows or stops
all other functions while its running making the workbook virtually useless
other than to read only.
Regards,
Alan.
"AW 11753" <AW wrote in message
I can inset the NOW function but it will only update if I press F9. I want
have it continuously update without pressing F9. How do I do that?

Bob Phillips

See http://tinyurl.com/8r4vm

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"AW 11753" <AW wrote in message
I can inset the NOW function but it will only update if I press F9. I want

have it continuously update without pressing F9. How do I do that?

FSt1

hi,
See this site.

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/datetime.htm