Covex

Default How do I change default browser for opening WWW links from Excel?

I've changed default browser, however Excel still opens IE. Would You please
advice where this could be changed?

Thanks in advance,
Vadim.
Bigysmile

Here's what I found at microsoft - this works only if your using XP
service pack 2:

# On the taskbar, click Start, and then click Set Program Access and
Defaults.

# In the Add or Remove Programs dialog box, click Custom, and then
click the arrow to the right.

# Under Choose a default Web browser, click (browser of choice), and
then click OK.

--
Bigysmile

Covex

Unfortunately this does not help me (though thanks for the useful tip:)).
All settings were set correctly, however excel still opens MSIE... Still
waiting for the answer:)

David McRitchie

My Computer, Folder Options, File Types
where you can set the default for individual file extensions
HTM
HTML
URL -- for shell
You can set them individually to the browser of your choice,
or you can choose Advanced button, and from there
set the default

Perhaps within Internet Explorer
tools, internet options, programs (tab),
[x] Internet Explorer should always check if it is the default browser

---
HTH,

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message ...
Thanks for posting back.