Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default need formulas

I am setting up a checkbook. How do I do credit column to credit balance and
debit column to debit balance on that specific row? So when I click on
balance for that row it automatically gives current balance?

Credit Debit Balance
50.00
50.00 _____
25.00 ______

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Is this your goal:
A B C
Row Credit Debit Balance
1 50
3 25 75

If so, your formula is Prior Balance + Current Credit - Currnet Debit

C2 is =C1+A2-B2
C3 is =C2+A3-B3

On row 2 your debit column is blank, which evaluates to zero in the above
formula so 50 starting balance plus 50 credit minus 0 debit equals 100 new
balance.

Hope this helps.

Joe