Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default default mail client

Transferred files from Windows XP and MS EXCEL to new computer. Excel
spreadsheet had email addresses in it. When I now go to use in latest EXCEL
version 2007 it says it can't activate ... can't find default mail client.
My old computer used Outlook Express and my new computer uses Windows Live.
I imported my addresses from Outlook to Windows live
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

I'm not sure if this will work, but I can specify my default client this way in
WinXP:

Open Internet Explorer (I still use MSIE 7).
Tools|Internet options|Programs tab|Change the E-Mail client to what you want.

If it's already pointing at windows live mail, then change it to something else,
apply it, and change it back.

(A longggggggggggggg time ago, this worked when I had trouble setting the
default email client.)

--

Dave Peterson