Old January 6th 10, 06:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default How do I change my column headers?

My Column headers are numbers (1,2,3) instead of letters (A,B,C). How do I
fix this?

Old January 6th 10, 07:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

in xl2003 menus:
Tools|Options|General tab
uncheck R1C1 Reference style

In xl2007:
Office button|Excel Options|Formulas|Working with formulas
uncheck R1C1 Reference style

Excel picks up this setting from the first workbook you open in that session.

If you have a co-worker who likes R1C1 Reference Style and you're unlucky enough
to open a workbook that he saved as the first workbook in that session, you'll
be making the same change again.

Old January 5th 21, 08:06 AM
Junior Member

Default How to change the name of the column headers in Excel

In Microsoft Excel, the column headers are named A, B, C, and so on by default. Some users want to change the names of the column headers to something more meaningful. Unfortunately, Excel does not allow the header names to be changed.

I hope this helps!
Tim Paine