Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
jim jim is offline

Default excel configures every time it starts

Every time I launch excell 2007 I get the message box " stdole32.tb " and it
runs the configuration process. My machine is running windows 7 RC1 64 bit.
Any ideas/suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

I think there is a process that didn't close during an installation. One way
of solving this problem is to start up in Safe mode which will will kill all
unwanted processes and then start up in normal mode. To get into safe mode
is to press F8 just before windows is started. During startup after the boot
window finishes (a text window) press F8. Then select Safe Mode. After you
get into safe mode restart you computer and go to normal mode.

Clearing out temporary internet files from your internet explorer may also
solve the problem.