Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Upgrade to EXCEL 2007 Problem

1. I have purchased Office Excel 2007 Upgrade version.

2. I have Excel 2002 (10.6854.6845) SP3.

3. When I insert new disc I get warning:-

"Setup is unable to proceed due to the following error(s):

The 2007 Microsoft Office system does not support upgrading from a
prerelease version of the 2007 Microsoft Office system. You must first
uninstall any prerelease versions of the 2007 Microsoft Office system
products and associated technologies.
Correct the issue(s) listed above and re-run setup."

4. The problem is I do not have any, "prerelease version of the 2007
Microsoft Office system" installed on my computer.

Any ideas how I get round this problem please?

Thanks for any help,

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

On the MS site, this cause is given

Per-user deployments for Office 2007 products are not supported using Group
Policy Software Distribution. Users are advised to use per-machine assigned
deployments when installing Office 2007 products with Group Policy.

Does this apply?

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"trip_to_tokyo" wrote in message

1. I have purchased Office Excel 2007 Upgrade version.

2. I have Excel 2002 (10.6854.6845) SP3.

3. When I insert new disc I get warning:-

"Setup is unable to proceed due to the following error(s):

The 2007 Microsoft Office system does not support upgrading from a
prerelease version of the 2007 Microsoft Office system. You must first
uninstall any prerelease versions of the 2007 Microsoft Office system
products and associated technologies.
Correct the issue(s) listed above and re-run setup."

4. The problem is I do not have any, "prerelease version of the 2007
Microsoft Office system" installed on my computer.

Any ideas how I get round this problem please?

Thanks for any help,

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Here is another possibility

The Office 2003 Web Components feature installed with Office 2007 Beta2
causes the Office 2007 product to block its installation.
Users should use Add Remove Programs in the Windows Control Panel to Remove
the Office 2003 Web Components, and then install the final Office 2007
product.

and it can also be Expression Web beta that needs uninstalling.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"trip_to_tokyo" wrote in message

1. I have purchased Office Excel 2007 Upgrade version.

2. I have Excel 2002 (10.6854.6845) SP3.

3. When I insert new disc I get warning:-

"Setup is unable to proceed due to the following error(s):

The 2007 Microsoft Office system does not support upgrading from a
prerelease version of the 2007 Microsoft Office system. You must first
uninstall any prerelease versions of the 2007 Microsoft Office system
products and associated technologies.
Correct the issue(s) listed above and re-run setup."

4. The problem is I do not have any, "prerelease version of the 2007
Microsoft Office system" installed on my computer.

Any ideas how I get round this problem please?

Thanks for any help,

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Bob, 1st of all tks for your help so far.

Problem seems to be caused by your 2nd suggestion.

I have 4 pieces of software that seem to be blocking the upgrade:-

Microsoft Office Access MUI (English) 2007 (Beta)
Microsoft Office Excel MUI (English) 2007 (Beta)
Microsoft Office Proof MUI (French) 2007 (Beta)
Microsoft Office Proof MUI (Spanish) 2007 (Beta)

These do not show up in:-

Add or Remove Programs

- which explains why I can't deinstall them.

Any ideas how I can run an uninstall on the above?

If I can do that I think I will be able to run the ugrade.

Thanks,

Steve.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Can you tell us the resolution, for the archives?

--