Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Always Create Backup - default setting

How do I change the DEFAULT setting of the checkbox:
"File|SaveAs|Tool|General Options|Always Create Backup" to UNCHECKED for ALL
files?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Unchecked has been the default for all versions of Excel I ever worked with.

Are you saying your Excel version has default of checked?

There may be a registry setting but I have searched the Regsitry and not
found one.

Previously saved files have to be individually unchecked and re-saved.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 10:38:01 -0700, jengley
wrote:

How do I change the DEFAULT setting of the checkbox:
"File|SaveAs|Tool|General Options|Always Create Backup" to UNCHECKED for ALL
files?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Just occured to me.

Have you created a Template like BOOK.XLT or XLTX for all new workbooks with
that setting as checked?

If so, you will have to re-save that Template with the setting unchecked.

Gord