Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Access to excel files not on drive C

Hi, I run a PC with the OS (Vista) on drive C, the programmes on the D
drive and my data on the E drive.

My question is this - when i open Excel how do I get it to point
automatically at my E drive where my Ecel files are?

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

hi
what version of excel do you have??
2003 on the menu bar.....
toolsoptionsgeneral tabdefault file location:
enter the file path to your default file folder.
2007
office buttonexcel options not sure after here but it's there somewhere.

Regards
FSt1

"Petert" wrote:

Hi, I run a PC with the OS (Vista) on drive C, the programmes on the D
drive and my data on the E drive.

My question is this - when i open Excel how do I get it to point
automatically at my E drive where my Ecel files are?

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

On Sat, 9 May 2009 22:25:01 -0700, FSt1
wrote:

hi
what version of excel do you have??
2003 on the menu bar.....
toolsoptionsgeneral tabdefault file location:
enter the file path to your default file folder.
2007
office buttonexcel options not sure after here but it's there somewhere.

Regards
FSt1

Many thanks - Excel 2003 - your suggestion was exactly what was needed
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

2007
office buttonexcel options Save Tab from menu on left

Regards