Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default How can I start a new excel program for each opened excel file?

I would like to have an excel program running for each opened excel file. So
for example if I opened 3 excel files, I will have 3 copies of excel running
in my comuputer
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Why would you want to do that, if you can have all three files open in one
instance of Excel?

"Amos" wrote:

I would like to have an excel program running for each opened excel file. So
for example if I opened 3 excel files, I will have 3 copies of excel running
in my comuputer

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Amos,

I like to have mutiple excels open so I can arrange on mutiple monitors.
After I open the first speadsheet, I open another excell by going to the
start menu and clicking on excel. Then I open the second speadsheet from the
file open menu item.

Hope this helps, Pete

"Amos" wrote:

I would like to have an excel program running for each opened excel file. So
for example if I opened 3 excel files, I will have 3 copies of excel running
in my comuputer

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

And you can do that from one instance of Excel? In any case, you can merely
double click on file names in explorer, to open each file in its own instance
as well.
--

HTH

Kassie

Replace xxx with hotmail

"Amos" wrote:

I would like to have an excel program running for each opened excel file. So
for example if I opened 3 excel files, I will have 3 copies of excel running
in my comuputer

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

I have multiple monitors and just open excel twice then open the files using
File, Open within excel. Can then drag one of them to the second monitor and
see both.

Is this what you wanted to do ?

Sean

"Amos" wrote:

I would like to have an excel program running for each opened excel file. So
for example if I opened 3 excel files, I will have 3 copies of excel running
in my comuputer

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

And I do that using one instance of Excel?

--

HTH

Kassie

Replace xxx with hotmail