Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default I can't see the results (shading) when doing a "find" in Excel. V

When doing a "find" the found cell is highlighted white and barely visible.
How can you change the highlighting for this operation?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

No found cell is ever highlighted but It should have a black selection
border around it.

Do you mean multiple-return results?

After running the Find All command, hit CTRL + a in the "found" dialog box.

Then hit the "fill color" icon.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 11:52:03 -0700, hilreal
wrote:

When doing a "find" the found cell is highlighted white and barely visible.
How can you change the highlighting for this operation?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default I can't see the results (shading) when doing a "find" in Excel

After reading your response I went back and tried it and I guess I am NOT
getting the black border around the selection. It looks lighter than the
other cells but no distinquishing border. Any ideas how to turn it on?

wrote:

When doing a "find" the found cell is highlighted white and barely visible.
How can you change the highlighting for this operation?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

I cannot replicate this on 2003 or 2007.

I get a black selection border around first found cell and as I move through
Find Next the selection changes to next instance and that cell gets the
border.

When you normally select a cell do you get the black border?

Gord

wrote:

When doing a "find" the found cell is highlighted white and barely visible.
How can you change the highlighting for this operation?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default No Border

Yes, when I manually select a cell I get a black border. When I do a "find"
the cell turns white but no border.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Yes, when I manually select a cell I get a dark black border. When I do a
"find" opreation the selected cell turns white without a border.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Do you already have borders from FormatCellsBorder applied to the cells or
just the normal gridlines?

If you have borders applied, the selected cell will not have the heavy
outline.

Gord

On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 09:50:03 -0700, hilreal
wrote:

Yes, when I manually select a cell I get a black border. When I do a "find"
the cell turns white but no border.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

I have the same issue. The color scheme of Excel 2007 is not good. The
found cell is practically invisible if your spreadhseet has gridlines. Is
there a way to change the background color of the 'found' cell temporararily
while its active (ie, the cursor is on it after a "Find")?