Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
cf cf is offline

Default Insert tab disable

Hello there,
I have this personal worksheet, File A, for years. I migrated to Office
2007 recently. I did not have any problem with File A until a few days back.
I must have accidentally changed some settings:

All of a sudden, all the command buttons that I had created (linked to
macros) vanished! I had the same sets of buttons on 3 worksheets and all of
them are gone. I can still run my macro manually. i.i Macro--[view macro]--
run

I notice that I cannot insert any new button. The insert tab under
[developer] tab cannot be selected.

I also notice that under the [insert] tab, [picture], [clipart], [sharpes]
and charting options are grey-ed out and not selectable.

I believe I must have changed some setting unknowingly. An older copy of
FIle A works fine .

Please help.

Best regards,
CF

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Maybe you have used this shortcut

Ctrl 6

This is a toggle

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"CF" wrote in message ...
[...]

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 3954 (20090323) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 3972 (20090328) __________

http://www.eset.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
cf cf is offline

Ron,
Thanks. You are right! Indeed I must have done a ctrl+6 accidentally.

One day after posting this question, I combed all the settings and option
again and I managed to reset the option manually instead of using ctrl+6.

For the benefits of future careless user like me, this is what you need to do:
click on [office] button (the one that is on the top right hand
corner)--[Excel Options]--[Advanced]--[Display options for this
workbook]--under [For bojects, show:], select [All].

And of course the short cut to all that is simply by pressing ctrl+6 as Ron
had mentioned.

Best regards,
CF