Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default excel Crashing

Faulting application excel.exe, version 12.0.4518.1014, stamp 45428263,
faulting module oart.dll, version 12.0.4518.1014, stamp 454283f8, debug? 0,
fault address 0x000f4b88.
"Excel cannot complete this task with available resources. Choose less data
or close other applications."

The file only crashed when using 2007 excel sp1. Not an issue with excel
2003.

The user has 4GB RAM/ windows xp sp3 and are not using more than 10% of
local resources. Office and windows is fully patched. Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Hello,

I understand when opening a file in Excel 2007, the error message "Excel
cannot complete this task with available resources. Choose less data or
close other applications" was encountered. It opens fine in Excel 2003.

This issue should be more related to the specific file. Could you please
let us know if the issue also occurred on other files?

I also perform some research on the error and it seems this issue may occur
when you open a workbook that contains cells that you filled with a
reference to a relative name in Excel 2007. We can refer to this KB:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928976

This error may be also related to PivotTable in Excel 2007

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928982

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287080

I hope above information may be useful.

Regards,

Daisy Cao, MCSE 2000

Microsoft Online Support

--------------------
| From: ?B?U0pNUA==?=
| Subject: excel Crashing
| Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 07:54:08 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.setup
|
| Faulting application excel.exe, version 12.0.4518.1014, stamp 45428263,
| faulting module oart.dll, version 12.0.4518.1014, stamp 454283f8, debug?
0,
| fault address 0x000f4b88.
| "Excel cannot complete this task with available resources. Choose less
data
| or close other applications."
|
| The file only crashed when using 2007 excel sp1. Not an issue with excel
| 2003.
|
| The user has 4GB RAM/ windows xp sp3 and are not using more than 10% of
| local resources. Office and windows is fully patched. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Hello,

I am just checking to see how this is going. Please drop me a quick note at
your convenience to let me know the current status of this issue. If you
have any concerns, please do not hesitate to let me know. Thanks, and have
a great day! :)

Regards,

Daisy Cao, MCSE 2000

Microsoft Online Support

--------------------
| From: ("Daisy Cao [MSFT]")
| Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 06:29:09 GMT
| Subject: excel Crashing
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.setup
|

| Hello,
|
| I understand when opening a file in Excel 2007, the error message "Excel
| cannot complete this task with available resources. Choose less data or
| close other applications" was encountered. It opens fine in Excel 2003.
|
| This issue should be more related to the specific file. Could you please
| let us know if the issue also occurred on other files?
|
| I also perform some research on the error and it seems this issue may
occur
| when you open a workbook that contains cells that you filled with a
| reference to a relative name in Excel 2007. We can refer to this KB:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928976

| This error may be also related to PivotTable in Excel 2007
|
| http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928982
|
| http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287080
|
| I hope above information may be useful.
|
| Regards,
|
| Daisy Cao, MCSE 2000
|
| Microsoft Online Support
| Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
|
| Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
| ================================================== ==
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| ================================================== ==
rights.

| --------------------
| | From: ?B?U0pNUA==?=
| | Subject: excel Crashing
| | Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 07:54:08 -0800
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.setup
| |
| | Faulting application excel.exe, version 12.0.4518.1014, stamp 45428263,
| | faulting module oart.dll, version 12.0.4518.1014, stamp 454283f8,
debug?
| 0,
| | fault address 0x000f4b88.
| | "Excel cannot complete this task with available resources. Choose less
| data
| | or close other applications."
| |
| | The file only crashed when using 2007 excel sp1. Not an issue with
excel
| | 2003.
| |
| | The user has 4GB RAM/ windows xp sp3 and are not using more than 10% of
| | local resources. Office and windows is fully patched. Any ideas?
| |

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Hello,

How are you?

I am currently standing by for an update from you and would like to know
how things are going there. Please let me know if there is anything else I
can do further assistance.

I am looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Daisy Cao, MCSE 2000

Microsoft Online Support

--------------------

www.microsoft.com/security
| ================================================== ==
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| ================================================== ==
rights.

| --------------------
| | From: ("Daisy Cao [MSFT]")
| | Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 06:29:09 GMT
| | Subject: excel Crashing
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.setup
| |
| |
| |
| | Hello,
| |
| | I understand when opening a file in Excel 2007, the error message
"Excel
| | cannot complete this task with available resources. Choose less data or
| | close other applications" was encountered. It opens fine in Excel 2003.
| |
| | This issue should be more related to the specific file. Could you
please
| | let us know if the issue also occurred on other files?
| |
| | I also perform some research on the error and it seems this issue may
| occur
| | when you open a workbook that contains cells that you filled with a
| | reference to a relative name in Excel 2007. We can refer to this KB:
| |
| |
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928976
| |
| | This error may be also related to PivotTable in Excel 2007
| |
| | http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928982
| |
| | http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287080
| |
| | I hope above information may be useful.
| |
| | Regards,
| |
| | Daisy Cao, MCSE 2000
| |
| | Microsoft Online Support
| | Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
| |
| | Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
| | ================================================== ==
| | When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
so
| | that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| | ================================================== ==
| | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
| rights.
| |
| | --------------------
| | | From: ?B?U0pNUA==?=
| | | Subject: excel Crashing
| | | Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 07:54:08 -0800
| | | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.setup
| | |
| | | Faulting application excel.exe, version 12.0.4518.1014, stamp
45428263,
| | | faulting module oart.dll, version 12.0.4518.1014, stamp 454283f8,
| debug?
| | 0,
| | | fault address 0x000f4b88.
| | | "Excel cannot complete this task with available resources. Choose
less
| | data
| | | or close other applications."
| | |
| | | The file only crashed when using 2007 excel sp1. Not an issue with
| excel
| | | 2003.
| | |