Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default How do I create a prompt box?

WHat I am trying to do is create a prompt bx when I open a specific excel
file. For example when I open an excel file I want it to tell me to update a
specific cell.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Try this Workbook event macro:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Sheets("Sheet1").Activate
MsgBox ("Please Update Cell A1")
End Sub

Because it is workbook code, it is very easy to install and use:

1. right-click the tiny Excel icon just to the left of File on the Menu Bar
2. select View Code - this brings up a VBE window
3. paste the stuff in and close the VBE window

If you save the workbook, the macro will be saved with it.

To remove the macro:

1. bring up the VBE windows as above
2. clear the code out
3. close the VBE window

To learn more about macros in general, see:

To learn more about Event Macros (worksheet code), see:

Gary''s Student - gsnu200800