Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Unwanted breaking up of print output into multiple files

This is a really bizarre one:

When I print a particular spreadsheet, Excel (2003) for some reason breaks
the document up into multiple files instead of just the one document as you
would expect.

Instead of one 12-page document I end up with:
File 1: Pages 1-3
File 2: Pages 4-6
File 3: Pages 7-9
File 4: Pages 9-12

This doesn't matter when printing hardcopy but when printing to PDF it's
really annoying. I can't figure out why it would do this! Any ideas?

Troubleshooting tried:
- it's definitely Excel and not the PDF printer - I've tried printing a
paper printer and the printer log shows that multiple files were sent.
- it happens whether I select all the worksheets and print "active sheets"
or whether I just select "entire workbook".
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

This has been happening to me as well. I have tried multiple different ways
to see if there was any way to get around this issue.

Even have tried such things as moving all the excel tabs to a new file,
saving it and restarting the computer. Still get the same results. Until I
can get this fixed I have stopped using Microsoft for this...back to paying
Acrobat.

Cheers,
Chris

"Atreides" wrote:

This is a really bizarre one:

When I print a particular spreadsheet, Excel (2003) for some reason breaks
the document up into multiple files instead of just the one document as you
would expect.

Instead of one 12-page document I end up with:
File 1: Pages 1-3
File 2: Pages 4-6
File 3: Pages 7-9
File 4: Pages 9-12

This doesn't matter when printing hardcopy but when printing to PDF it's
really annoying. I can't figure out why it would do this! Any ideas?

Troubleshooting tried:
- it's definitely Excel and not the PDF printer - I've tried printing a
paper printer and the printer log shows that multiple files were sent.
- it happens whether I select all the worksheets and print "active sheets"
or whether I just select "entire workbook".

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

I am experiencing the same problem.
How did you solve it?

Bart
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Great, that makes 3 of us, at least. So far none of us what causes it, let
alone what fixes it!

I'm hoping someone else can help us

Atreides

"Bart" wrote:

I am experiencing the same problem.
How did you solve it?

Bart

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

It has to do with your dpi setting on the individual workbook pages. They all
need to be the same. They are under Page Setup

Here is a link about it:

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Excel-105...ksheet-pdf.htm

Hope this helps.