Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Cursor navigation

Where in 2007 can I find the options for the direction of the cursor to move
when I hit return? I feel so dumb!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Office button (top left)Excel OptionsAdvanced tab there it is under Editing Options

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"ANelson" wrote in message ...
| Where in 2007 can I find the options for the direction of the cursor to move
| when I hit return? I feel so dumb!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Thanks...that's it!

"ANelson" wrote in message ...
| Where in 2007 can I find the options for the direction of the cursor to move
| when I hit return? I feel so dumb!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

i have updated some new forms in Excel (have Vista but saving forms as
97-2003 format)
in my previous versions the cursor would move to the beginning of the
next line down
which i really, really like and need
i can't seem to get the new versions to do this
major changes include locking cells and protecting the page
am fine with forgoing these if it means my cursor will return to the
right place

would appreciate any help - please note that i'm a total newbie :)
thanks!

On Jul 29, 12:15 pm, ANelson
wrote:
Thanks...that's it!

"Niek Otten" wrote:
Office button (top left)Excel OptionsAdvanced tab there it is under Editing Options

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"ANelson" wrote in ...
| Where in 2007 can I find the options for the direction of the cursor to move
| when I hit return? I feel so dumb!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

that's what i want to be able to do but won't work if the sheet is
protected
that's the only thing i've been able to find to allow this

On Sep 3, 1:53 pm, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:
Previous versions required the use of the Tab and Enter keys.

Start in A1 and Tab across to F1 entering data as you go.

When leaving F1 hit the Enter key to go to B1

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 09:30:44 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
i have updated some new forms in Excel (have Vista but saving forms as
97-2003 format)
in my previous versions the cursor would move to the beginning of the
next line down
which i really, really like and need
i can't seem to get the new versions to do this
major changes include locking cells and protecting the page
am fine with forgoing these if it means my cursor will return to the
right place

would appreciate any help - please note that i'm a total newbie :)
thanks!

On Jul 29, 12:15 pm, ANelson
wrote:
Thanks...that's it!

"Niek Otten" wrote:
Office button (top left)Excel OptionsAdvanced tab there it is under Editing Options

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"ANelson" wrote in ...
| Where in 2007 can I find the options for the direction of the cursor to move
| when I hit return? I feel so dumb!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Not sure what you need.

If sheet is protected with some unlocked cells, setting Enter key to move
right will move across unlocked cells then down to beginning of next row of
unlocked cells.

Tab key will do the same.

With sheet not protected, the Tab, Tab, Tab, Enter will work.

Gord

On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 20:44:33 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

[...]

wrote:
Thanks...that's it!