Old March 29th 05, 05:01 PM
Springsteel

Default In Excel, how do I change the argument separator in a function fr.

User has arguments within functions separated by semicolons rather than
commas. Would like to change to default to comma separation.

EX: =IF(A10;B1;C1) ---- Current argument separator
=IF(A10,B1,C1) ---- Prefered argument separator

Old March 29th 05, 08:31 PM

This is a windows setting.

Windows start button|settings|control panel|regional settings applet
regional options tab (in winxp), click customize

Look for Numbers tab
List separator.

change from semicolon to comma.

Semicolon is very common in Europe and other non-North American locations.