Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Excel does not automatically start

Whenever I receive an Excel document email attachment, Excel will not
automatically open the attachment. It takes me to a message stating
"preparing to install". I must always have Excel open first on my computer in
order to retreive email attachments. Any way to correct this problem?

Thank for any help.