Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default searching columns for the same value

I have a cloumn of values and I want to search another column of values and
have a "yes" or "no" yeild if the value in column A is found in column B. If
there a formula that can help me with this?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Use COUNTIF()

Let's say we want to know if the value in A7 is found anywhere in column B.
In an un-used cell (in a column other than A or B) enter:

=IF(COUNTIF(B:B,A7)0,"YES","NO")
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200776