Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default save and save as commands not accessible

I have been using excel 2002 (xp pro) for several years and just started
having a problem saving. Under file, the save and save as commands are not
highlighted. I have checked rights, attribs, and everything seems in order.
The save icon on the tool bar is not accessible either. The only way I can
save is to exit the program and answer yes to whether I want to save changes
or not. All new files are getting saved to the desktop since I can't direct
them where to be saved. Please help! Thanks for any insight.