times99

Default "open with"

I am not able to use the "open with" for excel - I have a registered version
of excel but the program does not appear in the select list and when I try to
choose it from browse it does nothing - like it isn;t there. so now I am
copying and pasting a large text file to excel. any ideas thanks. I know
there was a post on this two weeks agao but I can't find the post.
Lady Layla

Why are you cuting and pasting a text file into Excel?

Open Excel
Go to File | Open | change file type to txt | point where file is and open
the file

You dont need to "open with" from Explorer or My Computer

"times99" wrote in message
: I am not able to use the "open with" for excel - I have a registered version
: of excel but the program does not appear in the select list and when I try to
: choose it from browse it does nothing - like it isn;t there. so now I am
: copying and pasting a large text file to excel. any ideas thanks. I know
: there was a post on this two weeks agao but I can't find the post.

times99

I need to open it and work with it in excell. The program I am exporting it
from will only export to txt or html. Either way I then have to work with it
excel. The problem is that when I browse in open with and point to excel it
doesn't happen now, used to.