#1   Report Post  
Old February 13th 08, 10:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
MG2 MG2 is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Feb 2008
Posts: 3
Default Excel Workbook printing

Hello, I have set up Double sided printing as the default on the server so
that all print jobs will be double-sided unless single sided printing is
requested. This is working fine.

I have one user, however, that regularly prints "Entire Workbook". When he
selects the "Entire Workbook" then sets the printer preferences for Single
sided printing, only the first page prints single-sided and all the rest of
the job is double sided.

Even after I control click on all the tabs in the workbook and set the page
setup options for the printer to single-sided - then return to the worksheets
separately - it defaults back to double-sided printing.

When I create a clean two page job in Word or Excel - it all works as
expected. But when choosing Entire Workbook it defaults back to whatever the
server printer driver is set to.

Is this a limitation of Excel?

MG2

  #2   Report Post  
Old February 14th 08, 02:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 22,908
Default Excel Workbook printing

Try selecting all sheets by right-click on first sheet tab and "Select all
sheets"

Set to single-sided for the group of sheets.

Then FilePrintActive Sheet(s)

Any better?


Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 14:04:02 -0800, MG2 wrote:

Hello, I have set up Double sided printing as the default on the server so
that all print jobs will be double-sided unless single sided printing is
requested. This is working fine.

I have one user, however, that regularly prints "Entire Workbook". When he
selects the "Entire Workbook" then sets the printer preferences for Single
sided printing, only the first page prints single-sided and all the rest of
the job is double sided.

Even after I control click on all the tabs in the workbook and set the page
setup options for the printer to single-sided - then return to the worksheets
separately - it defaults back to double-sided printing.

When I create a clean two page job in Word or Excel - it all works as
expected. But when choosing Entire Workbook it defaults back to whatever the
server printer driver is set to.

Is this a limitation of Excel?

MG2


  #3   Report Post  
Old February 14th 08, 03:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
MG2 MG2 is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Feb 2008
Posts: 3
Default Excel Workbook printing

Thanks Gord,

That looked really promising. Unfortunately, even after selecting all
sheets, configuring the page options to single-sided, then selecting all
sheets again, then printing active sheets - we still get the first page
single sided, the rest double-sided.

I think I will just have to create a single-sided printer on the print server.

However, I'm surprised that Excel cannot do this.

Marcina

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Try selecting all sheets by right-click on first sheet tab and "Select all
sheets"

Set to single-sided for the group of sheets.

Then FilePrintActive Sheet(s)

Any better?


Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 14:04:02 -0800, MG2 wrote:

Hello, I have set up Double sided printing as the default on the server so
that all print jobs will be double-sided unless single sided printing is
requested. This is working fine.

I have one user, however, that regularly prints "Entire Workbook". When he
selects the "Entire Workbook" then sets the printer preferences for Single
sided printing, only the first page prints single-sided and all the rest of
the job is double sided.

Even after I control click on all the tabs in the workbook and set the page
setup options for the printer to single-sided - then return to the worksheets
separately - it defaults back to double-sided printing.

When I create a clean two page job in Word or Excel - it all works as
expected. But when choosing Entire Workbook it defaults back to whatever the
server printer driver is set to.

Is this a limitation of Excel?

MG2



  #4   Report Post  
Old March 27th 08, 09:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Mar 2008
Posts: 4
Default Excel Workbook printing

Have you tried changing it in the page setup? Also when the printer page pops
up, click the properties tab. I do this and have no problem changing what I
want to print. It could be the properties in the printer set up that you need
to change.

"MG2" wrote:

Thanks Gord,

That looked really promising. Unfortunately, even after selecting all
sheets, configuring the page options to single-sided, then selecting all
sheets again, then printing active sheets - we still get the first page
single sided, the rest double-sided.

I think I will just have to create a single-sided printer on the print server.

However, I'm surprised that Excel cannot do this.

Marcina

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Try selecting all sheets by right-click on first sheet tab and "Select all
sheets"

Set to single-sided for the group of sheets.

Then FilePrintActive Sheet(s)

Any better?


Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 14:04:02 -0800, MG2 wrote:

Hello, I have set up Double sided printing as the default on the server so
that all print jobs will be double-sided unless single sided printing is
requested. This is working fine.

I have one user, however, that regularly prints "Entire Workbook". When he
selects the "Entire Workbook" then sets the printer preferences for Single
sided printing, only the first page prints single-sided and all the rest of
the job is double sided.

Even after I control click on all the tabs in the workbook and set the page
setup options for the printer to single-sided - then return to the worksheets
separately - it defaults back to double-sided printing.

When I create a clean two page job in Word or Excel - it all works as
expected. But when choosing Entire Workbook it defaults back to whatever the
server printer driver is set to.

Is this a limitation of Excel?

MG2



  #5   Report Post  
Old March 27th 08, 10:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
MG2 MG2 is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Feb 2008
Posts: 3
Default Excel Workbook printing

Thanks but the solution that finally worked for me was to create another
printer on the print server - with single sided printing. Then, when the
client wanted to print single sided "whole" workbooks, they would just print
to the single-sided printing.

Nothing I did in Excel worked.
Thanks,
Marcina

"looneylmt" wrote:

Have you tried changing it in the page setup? Also when the printer page pops
up, click the properties tab. I do this and have no problem changing what I
want to print. It could be the properties in the printer set up that you need
to change.

"MG2" wrote:

Thanks Gord,

That looked really promising. Unfortunately, even after selecting all
sheets, configuring the page options to single-sided, then selecting all
sheets again, then printing active sheets - we still get the first page
single sided, the rest double-sided.

I think I will just have to create a single-sided printer on the print server.

However, I'm surprised that Excel cannot do this.

Marcina

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Try selecting all sheets by right-click on first sheet tab and "Select all
sheets"

Set to single-sided for the group of sheets.

Then FilePrintActive Sheet(s)

Any better?


Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 14:04:02 -0800, MG2 wrote:

Hello, I have set up Double sided printing as the default on the server so
that all print jobs will be double-sided unless single sided printing is
requested. This is working fine.

I have one user, however, that regularly prints "Entire Workbook". When he
selects the "Entire Workbook" then sets the printer preferences for Single
sided printing, only the first page prints single-sided and all the rest of
the job is double sided.

Even after I control click on all the tabs in the workbook and set the page
setup options for the printer to single-sided - then return to the worksheets
separately - it defaults back to double-sided printing.

When I create a clean two page job in Word or Excel - it all works as
expected. But when choosing Entire Workbook it defaults back to whatever the
server printer driver is set to.

Is this a limitation of Excel?

MG2




Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How do I save printing option for all in a shared Excel workbook? Tina Bradshaw Excel Worksheet Functions 0 February 7th 06 09:09 PM
Excel XP - Printing multiple worksheet in a workbook Anil Sharma Excel Worksheet Functions 2 November 2nd 05 09:41 PM
printing workbook -landscap in to portrait format in Excel rjoshi Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 May 3rd 05 08:07 PM
printing workbook Lisa Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 March 9th 05 02:31 PM
printing consecutive date on excel workbook isi Excel Worksheet Functions 0 February 17th 05 06:03 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 ExcelBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Microsoft Excel"

 

Copyright © 2017