Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Excel Error Message

We have encountered a problem with Microsoft Excel 2003 Professional running
on a Windows XP SP2 client. When the user logs into Windows we encounter the
below error message. This happens before the user has even started an Office
2003 application:

€˜Microsoft Office Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are
sorry for the inconvenience.

Then we have the option to €˜Restart Microsoft Office Excel (tick box)

If we select the tick box and click the €˜Send button we can start Excel in
safe mode. We can also start Excel in normal mode as well.

So far we have tried:
Add-Remove Programs €“ Microsoft Office - Re-install/Repair (checking the box
to repair links)
Opened Excel in Safe Mode, then existed.
Entered Excel - About - Fix error (checking both boxes) and ran the repair.
Removed and reinstalled the Excel program.

We are out of ideas to fix this minor but annoying problem. We have tried
looking on Google for some solutions, but cant find what we are after. Hope
this is enough information for someone to come up with a solution for us.

Thanks