Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Can not open *WKS: blocked by your registry policy setting

Yesterday I installed Office 2003 Service Pack 3 (SP3)..so today I`m trying
to opne WKS file with excel and I`m getting this message: You are trying to
open a file type that is blocked by your registry policy.

Does anyone has a clue?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Check out this KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938810

HTH,
JP

On Dec 13, 5:50 am, Verushka
wrote:
Yesterday I installed Office 2003 Service Pack 3 (SP3)..so today I`m trying
to opne WKS file with excel and I`m getting this message: You are trying to
open a file type that is blocked by your registry policy.

Does anyone has a clue?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Open blocked file types after install of Office SP3

Microsoft has a fix for Excel (and other Office programs) after install of Office SP3.

For Excel go to

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...blockExcel.reg

For Word go to

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...nblockWord.reg

For Powerpoint go to

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...PowerPoint.reg

Cheers
Con
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

I have a desktop with Office 2007 that was upgraded from Office 2003 SP3. I
edited the Unblock script to for Office 2007 and ran it. The DWORD entries
were created, but the error still occurs.

Looking for an answer to disable this feature.