Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default can a spreadsheet go past column IV?

I am trying to enter a spreadsheet which requires the columns to go past IV.
Can additonal columns be added somehow?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

In Excel versions 2003 and earlier the answer is no - you are limited
to 256 columns. However, Excel 2007 will allow many more - up to
16,000, I believe.

Pete

On Oct 31, 6:58 pm, S Sharp <S wrote:
I am trying to enter a spreadsheet which requires the columns to go past IV.
Can additonal columns be added somehow?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Not if you are using a version earlier than 2007

2007 allows 16,384 columns and 1,000,000+ rows.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP