Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Problem

Hello all, I wonder if anyone can help me? Please?

I have a spreadsheet and its a month by month expense sheet for a local
club.

Problem is that when I try to add all the months total expenses, i.e.
January, February etc, the total of each month at the bottom of the sheet is
0.00.

I have checked all the formulae and its correct, it relates to each months
totals.

What is wrong?

Thank you
John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Typically this is caused by the numbers being text and not real numbers.

Format all to General then copy an empty unused cell.

Select to range of numbers and EditPaste Special(in place)AddEsc.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 00:25:09 GMT, "VK2KCE" wrote:

Hello all, I wonder if anyone can help me? Please?

I have a spreadsheet and its a month by month expense sheet for a local
club.

Problem is that when I try to add all the months total expenses, i.e.
January, February etc, the total of each month at the bottom of the sheet is
0.00.

I have checked all the formulae and its correct, it relates to each months
totals.

What is wrong?

Thank you
John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Gord,

As a older struggling Excel user, I do have difficulty following your
solution, sorry!

This is what I did:

1. I formatted the cell which was displaying the 0.00, and now displays 0.
2. I then copied an empty cell to the position which displayed 0, but after
copying the empty cell it now displays a blank.
3. From there I am lost! I am not too sure what you mean by "select to range
of numbers and EditPaste Special (in place)AddEsc"

Sorry for being so thick!
John

: Typically this is caused by the numbers being text and not real numbers.
:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

I'd try it again.

It sounds like you didn't use Gord's suggestion of Paste Special and clicking
Add.

That Add portion is very important.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Should have read "select THE range of numbers"

Also I left out the OK part.

EditPaste SpecialAddOKEsc.

Maybe I'm getting too old for this<g

Gord