Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Problem

I'd try it again.

It sounds like you didn't use Gord's suggestion of Paste Special and clicking
Add.

That Add portion is very important.

VK2KCE wrote:

Gord,

As a older struggling Excel user, I do have difficulty following your
solution, sorry!

This is what I did:

1. I formatted the cell which was displaying the 0.00, and now displays 0.
2. I then copied an empty cell to the position which displayed 0, but after
copying the empty cell it now displays a blank.
3. From there I am lost! I am not too sure what you mean by "select to range
of numbers and EditPaste Special (in place)AddEsc"

Sorry for being so thick!
John

: Typically this is caused by the numbers being text and not real numbers.
:
: Format all to General then copy an empty unused cell.
:
: Select to range of numbers and EditPaste Special(in place)AddEsc.
:
:
: Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP
:
: On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 00:25:09 GMT, "VK2KCE" wrote:
:
: Hello all, I wonder if anyone can help me? Please?
:
: I have a spreadsheet and its a month by month expense sheet for a local
: club.
:
: Problem is that when I try to add all the months total expenses, i.e.
: January, February etc, the total of each month at the bottom of the sheet
is
: 0.00.
:
: I have checked all the formulae and its correct, it relates to each
months
: totals.
:
: What is wrong?