Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default activity duration

I have data in following format in excel

IDATE PNAME STATUS RL SDATE DIFF
13/08/2006 HOC AT Y 13/08/2006
13/08/2006 HOC AG Y 23/08/2006
13/08/2006 HOC AG H 24/08/2006
13/08/2006 HOC UP Y 27/08/2006
13/08/2006 HOC FILE H 30/08/2006
SUM HOC-STAT

I m not good in macro therefore looking for help. Actually what i m
trying to do that where the PNAME is same in above data

it should subtract SDATE-IDATE and depict the value in DIFF col
(days). secondly it should have running difference for PNAME for each
row. and count the bigger value if it encountered STATUS and PNAME is
same however SDATE is different. Last sum DIFF for each row and shows
in next row called sum HOC-STAT. I have 1800 PNAME to do this plz
help.

jd