Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Where to find Product Key?(preinstalled)

I have Excel, (Word, OTLK), preinstalled, (on a SYSTEM ECVHNGE unit), where
to find Product Key?
--
Boswell
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Download BelArc Advisor

http://belarc.com/free_download.html

Install and run.

Look under "Software Licences" for Product Keys.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 6 Aug 2007 15:54:02 -0700, Boswell wrote:

I have Excel, (Word, OTLK), preinstalled, (on a SYSTEM ECVHNGE unit), where
to find Product Key?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Where do I find 'sftwre Lic.'?
--
Boswell

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Download BelArc Advisor

Install and run.

Look under "Software Licences" for Product Keys.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 6 Aug 2007 15:54:02 -0700, Boswell wrote:

I have Excel, (Word, OTLK), preinstalled, (on a SYSTEM ECVHNGE unit), where
to find Product Key?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Three assumptions...............

1. You downloaded and installed Belarc Advisor.

2. You ran it to scan your computer..........takes a couple minutes.

3. You now are on the website which shows the results of your computer scan.

On left side of page click on "Software Licences"

If all fails try the Magic Jellybean keyfinder utility.

Gord

On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 06:38:04 -0700, Boswell wrote:

Where do I find 'sftwre Lic.'?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

If you continue to have problems with/get lost in Belarc, try Aida32 - do a
Google search for it, you can download it through MajorGeeks.com. Aida32
does much the same as Belarc, and costs the same (free). Problem with it is
that it was purchased and rebranded as "Everest" and suddenly it wasn't free
anymore, and has not been updated since that time - probably doesn't even
know about things like Office 2007 and Vista (I haven't tried it on systems
with those on them).

"Boswell" wrote:

Where do I find 'sftwre Lic.'?
--
Boswell

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Download BelArc Advisor

Install and run.

Look under "Software Licences" for Product Keys.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 6 Aug 2007 15:54:02 -0700, Boswell wrote:

I have Excel, (Word, OTLK), preinstalled, (on a SYSTEM ECVHNGE unit), where
to find Product Key?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Tim Tim is offline

I am from India and have recently bought a new HP dv 2041tu notebook with pre
installed MS Office 2007 programmes.It keeps asking for the product key and
having exceeded 25 times I am unable to work on these programmes.
I am to understand from the dealer these are trial programmes and have to
bought subsequently. Havig paid INR equivalent to US $1200/- for the laptop;
why should we again spend money on the software.--
Thanks & Best Regards,
Tim.

"Boswell" wrote:

I have Excel, (Word, OTLK), preinstalled, (on a SYSTEM ECVHNGE unit), where
to find Product Key?
--
Boswell

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Tim,
Trial versions of the software come with use limits - that is why they are
trial versions. The cost of the software (full package) is not included with
the cost of the laptop.
The purpose of the trial software is to let you see how it works and
determine if you wish to spend more money on the full version.

Since you have not paid any money for the software, you are not having to
pay for it twice. You paid money for the laptop only.

If you thought you were paying for the full version of Office 2007, then you
should complain to the company you purchased the laptop from.

By the way, the HP laptops are good ones. I purchased an HP zv5000 almost 4
years ago and it still works very well (had to replace a CD/DVD drive under
warranty once) - that machine cost me US $2800.

"Boswell" wrote:

I have Excel, (Word, OTLK), preinstalled, (on a SYSTEM ECVHNGE unit), where
to find Product Key?
--
Boswell

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Tim Tim is offline

Thanks for your reply. It was informative. Whom do I contact if I need the
original software of 2007 in India.If I do not want to invest any more money
now but want to use the office programme; are these laptops pre loaded with
2003 version?

Thanks & Best Regards,
Tim.