Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Excel 2003 VBA Prompt on Startup

Morning All! Would appreciate any help you can give me with the following
problem.

When I open Excel 2003, I get a message saying that a component could not be
installed and it asks me if I want to install it now. If I click 'Yes' the
component installs, but it asks me the same thing next time I open Excel, as
if the install didn't do anything.

If I click 'No' it gives me more details, saying that VBA is not installed.
The exact text is below:

****
If Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) was not installed, or was
set to Install on first use, (advertised, or set to install on demand) you
may receive this error message.

Depending on the mode of installation used and the rights of the user to
change current settings, it is possible to install VBA through Control Panel,
Add/Remove Programs, Microsoft Office, Add or Remove features. If Visual
Basic for Applications is not listed as an installable feature of Office, the
administrator of your system may have disabled it so it is impossible for you
to install it. If VBA is not installed, it is impossible to run VBA
applications/projects on this computer.
***

However, on checking Office 2003 Setup in Add/Remove Programs, the VBA
component IS installed! Repairing, even re-installing Office doesn't help.

I'm running Windows 2000.

Can anyone suggest something else to try? Is there a way of installing this
component through the application perhaps?