Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Installation from backups

How do I transfer my office xp suite from one hard drive to another? I have a
bigger HDD for my laptop and the old HDD as an USB backup support. How do I
install from the old to the new?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

You pop the Office CD into the new HDD and install.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 28 May 2007 15:25:01 -0700, ROBERT
wrote:

How do I transfer my office xp suite from one hard drive to another? I have a
bigger HDD for my laptop and the old HDD as an USB backup support. How do I
install from the old to the new?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Gord has once again hit the nail dead center on the head. Since you've
already moved the old HDD off to be an external drive, installing/activating
fresh is the solution.

Had you been on a desktop, it would have been possible using software
provided with the new drive to first mirror the old drive to the new and then
install it as C: and press on with nothing but a couple of hours of waiting
for all the formatting and mirroring to be done. Doing this on a laptop is
problematic in that most don't even make allowances for a second
non-EIDE/SATA drive to be connected.