Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Reculations in Excell

How do I set up an excel spreadsheet to do monthly recalculations in excel
2000?
For example:
February $2.00
February $3.00
March $1.50
March $1.50
April $1.00
April $1.00
Then set up a report that shows all of February totals?
Feb Mar Apr
$5.00 $3.00 $2.00, etc.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Dave

You are a star. The old ways are still the best; lovely to use the command
prompt again and lo and beld it found another copy of that pdf file. No more
nag screens in Excel now.

Havn't found Start/Run in Vista but the comand prompt can be accessed frm
Start/AllProgrames/Accessories..
Thanks again for your help and patience

Philip

"Nora Gaitan" <Nora wrote in message
How do I set up an excel spreadsheet to do monthly recalculations in excel
2000?
For example:
February $2.00
February $3.00
March $1.50
March $1.50
April $1.00
April $1.00
Then set up a report that shows all of February totals?
Feb Mar Apr
$5.00 $3.00 $2.00, etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

You could add headers
sort your data
and do Data|subtotals

But that report will be vertical.

Maybe you could add headers and use data|pivottable to get that summary.

Or even just formulas:

=sumif(a:a,"January",b:b)
(and so forth)

Nora Gaitan wrote:

How do I set up an excel spreadsheet to do monthly recalculations in excel
2000?
For example:
February $2.00
February $3.00
March $1.50
March $1.50
April $1.00
April $1.00
Then set up a report that shows all of February totals?
Feb Mar Apr
$5.00 $3.00 $2.00, etc.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

One method...............

Assuming your current data is in columns A and B

In C1:E1 enter February through April

In C2 enter =SUMIF(A1:A6,"February",B1:B6)

Same for D2, E2 and change the month.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP