Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Docking Project Explorer, Properties window and Code window in VBE

In VBE, the usual look is the Project Explorer on the top left, the
Properties window in the bottom left and the Code window on most of
the screen to the right.

I undocked the Properties window but find that I cannot put it back
together. Now I have all three "loose". I can get the Project Explorer
and the Properties window to dock in the middle of the screen but if I
put them in the top left, the dock full-width across the screen. In
the meantime, the Code window doesn't seem to want to dock with
anything.

I had this on my laptop. I tried the same thing on a second laptop and
find that I can' get them to dock back together again.

Any suggestions/solutions?

It makes coding extremely time-consuming since I have to hunt for the
right window and resize things. Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Follow the instructions posted by Tom Ogilvy:

What version of excel? If Version 2002 or 2003 look for

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VBA\6.0\Commo n\Dock

you aren't deleting a file. You are deleting a value in the registry.
Windows/Excel will recreate it with default values which should restore the
original layout of the VBE.

--

Dave Peterson