Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Pam Pam is offline

Default Excel and Works

I have just upgraded to Office from Works and both are still in my system.
Every Excel spreadsheet I receive opens automatically in Works spreedsheet
unless I choose open with excel. Is there a way to make Excel the master
spreadsheet?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Go to the control panel, on the folder options icon click on the file types
tab. Scroll through the list to file extension XLS and in the details box
click on change. Find Excel on the list (You might need to browse for it)
and select it making sure the tick is in the 'Always use this programme for
this type of file'
--
John
MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003

Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders)