Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel vs. Spreadsheet in MS Works 8.0

I have cataloged my collection in a non-MS spreadsheet. I've decided I want
thumbnail images to accompany the data and have discovered that spreadsheet
won't keep the image with the data.

I know Excel will do what I want. However, y'all are well aware of the cost
of Excel. I noticed that MS Works has a spreadsheet program and one can
"Share your Works documents with friends using Microsoft Word and Excel".

I'm writing this group to see if anyone here has experience with the
spreadsheet in MS Works or can help me discover where I might learn whether
that program has the functionality I need.

Thanks for your help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have you thought about eBay? I just looked and saw a pukka copy of Excel
2000 currently standing on offer for £5. Excel 2000 is a perfectly
acceptable version.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Helen" wrote in message
I have cataloged my collection in a non-MS spreadsheet. I've decided I

want
thumbnail images to accompany the data and have discovered that

spreadsheet
won't keep the image with the data.

I know Excel will do what I want. However, y'all are well aware of the

cost
of Excel. I noticed that MS Works has a spreadsheet program and one can
"Share your Works documents with friends using Microsoft Word and Excel".

I'm writing this group to see if anyone here has experience with the
spreadsheet in MS Works or can help me discover where I might learn

whether
that program has the functionality I need.

Thanks for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

pukka means avec authorization key <G

It means
- Authentic; genuine.
- Good of its kind; first-class.

Pukka comes from Hindi pakka, "cooked, ripe," from Sanskrit pakva-, from
pacati, "he cooks."

The item I saw said that it had a CD key. If you apply a few criteria, check
the seller's other items if there are many Excels beware, check feedback see
if the person is always selling software, etc., you should be okay.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Helen" wrote in message
I have cataloged my collection in a non-MS spreadsheet. I've decided

want
thumbnail images to accompany the data and have discovered that

spreadsheet
won't keep the image with the data.

I know Excel will do what I want. However, y'all are well aware of

the
cost
of Excel. I noticed that MS Works has a spreadsheet program and one

can
"Share your Works documents with friends using Microsoft Word and

Excel".

I'm writing this group to see if anyone here has experience with the
spreadsheet in MS Works or can help me discover where I might learn

whether
that program has the functionality I need.

Thanks for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Google Spreadsheets is a free alternative you may want to check out.

spreadsheets.google.com

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Helen" wrote in message
I have cataloged my collection in a non-MS spreadsheet. I've decided I

want
thumbnail images to accompany the data and have discovered that

spreadsheet
won't keep the image with the data.

I know Excel will do what I want. However, y'all are well aware of the

cost
of Excel. I noticed that MS Works has a spreadsheet program and one can
"Share your Works documents with friends using Microsoft Word and Excel".

I'm writing this group to see if anyone here has experience with the
spreadsheet in MS Works or can help me discover where I might learn

whether
that program has the functionality I need.

Thanks for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks, Dave; I did look at google. Unfortunately, they don't support my
existing format. I don't want to do the basic data entry again; we're talking
hundreds upon hundreds of entries.