Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mistermond

Default how do I convert a Works spreadsheet to Excel 2003

When I try to open a Works Spreadsheet with Excel 2003, it says that the
format is not recognised
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FinRazel

I am not sure how to fix this, since I haven't used Works in a long time,
but here are a few suggestions:

1. Try opening the Works spreadsheet in Notepad or Word, then
1a. Save the file from one of these programs, and then Opening the file
in Excel,
1b. Copy the data from the Open file and Paste into Excel.

2. Do you still have Works? if so, then copy-paste from works to Excel.

3. Do you have MS Access? It might be possible to open the file, or maybe
import the file using this program instead of Excel.

Good Luck
--
Anne Murray