Member

Default Write a letter

Is it possible for excel to auto write a letter using data that has been entered on a worksheet.
For example if the cells a1:a6 are designated for name inputs on the worksheet and cells a7 are designated for action a8 for location
a1="tom" a2="dick" a3="harry" A4="" A5="" & a6="" a7="drive" a8="london"

Could vba code write "dear tom,dick & harry" please drive to london
and so on down a list of inputs.

If i can have a starting point I think I should be able to develop the code!?!??

Thanks for any suggestions

Cheers
Nobby
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Maybe you can use this from Debra Dalgleish's site:
http://contextures.com/xlForm03.html

--
nobbyknownowt

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

A start could be having a look here at John Walkenbach's site.

Downloadable workbook with code for mailmerge using Excel only.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 16:18:03 +0000, nobbyknownowt
wrote:

Is it possible for excel to auto write a letter using data that has been
entered on a worksheet.
For example if the cells a1:a6 are designated for name inputs on the
worksheet and cells a7 are designated for action a8 for location
a1="tom" a2="dick" a3="harry" A4="" A5="" & a6="" a7="drive"
a8="london"

Could vba code write "dear tom,dick & harry" please drive to london
and so on down a list of inputs.

If i can have a starting point I think I should be able to develop the
code!?!??

Thanks for any suggestions

Cheers
Nobby

Member

Brilliant as usual. thanks for the guidance
cheers
Nobby