Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default How do I set an automatic working days counter

I need to set an automatic working days (Mon to Fri) counter so the date can
be updated automatically. I want to use this automatic counter to track
projects, to check how many days does the project has or left.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

With a start date for your project in A2

=NETWORKDAYS(A2,NOW())

will return how many weekdays your project has been running for.

With the planned end date in B2

=NETWORKDAYS(NOW(),B2)

Will return the number of days remaining. Note that this last formula will
go negative if your project overruns

"Selekeng" wrote:

I need to set an automatic working days (Mon to Fri) counter so the date can
be updated automatically. I want to use this automatic counter to track
projects, to check how many days does the project has or left.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

You can also expand that to not count bank holidays etc by including a list
of dates which you're not working for - Forumlas as below, but add a comma
and then a reference to the range including the dates, e.g:

A5 25/12/2007
A6 26/12/2007
A7 01/01/2008

=NETWORKDAYS(A2,NOW(),A5:A7)