-   -   How do I set an automatic working days counter (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/132864-how-do-i-set-automatic-working-days-counter.html)

Selekeng

How do I set an automatic working days counter

I need to set an automatic working days (Mon to Fri) counter so the date can
be updated automatically. I want to use this automatic counter to track
projects, to check how many days does the project has or left.

Mike

How do I set an automatic working days counter

With a start date for your project in A2

=NETWORKDAYS(A2,NOW())

will return how many weekdays your project has been running for.

With the planned end date in B2

=NETWORKDAYS(NOW(),B2)

Will return the number of days remaining. Note that this last formula will
go negative if your project overruns

"Selekeng" wrote:

I need to set an automatic working days (Mon to Fri) counter so the date can
be updated automatically. I want to use this automatic counter to track
projects, to check how many days does the project has or left.

mr tom

How do I set an automatic working days counter

You can also expand that to not count bank holidays etc by including a list
of dates which you're not working for - Forumlas as below, but add a comma
and then a reference to the range including the dates, e.g:

A5 25/12/2007
A6 26/12/2007
A7 01/01/2008

=NETWORKDAYS(A2,NOW(),A5:A7)