Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default schema.ini confusion related with PivotTable

Hi there!

Every time I create a new external database (txt file exported from Access),
to feed a PivotTable, I have to open a schema.ini file and add a number of
rows specifying the txt File Name and the Field Names, as well as the Data
Types.

I found I had to do this just by chance! Is a user really supposed to
manually alter this Windows file in order to have his Pivot functioning?
Isn't it supposed to be updated by Windows automatically?

BRgrds
Pedro